How to Come up with Would You Rather Questions
Everybody is playing the Would You Rather game. You’ve probably played yourself. But what is it that makes it such an engrossing activity? It is your imagination!
This article was written to help you in writing your own would you rather questions to stump your friends. When your players take their time to respond you will know that you’ve created a great would you rather question. The longer they take the better, or if they simply can’t answer it, you are a master!
The initial step to think about is what tone you wish to set. Sometimes your friends won’t like being asked repulsive or sexual questions. Know your players well, ensure the question is enjoyable for everyone.
The second step is to think of an improbable situation. For instance: being attacked by an angry piranha.
Once you create the primary situation your challenge is then to produce another equal choice. Hopefully you will have designed a tricky option.
The most effective questions usually entail two associated options.
For instance: Seeing someone trip and fall or trip and fall in front of someone?
With any luck you are mastering the art of creating would you rather questions. But if not don’t despair! Here is a selection of would you rathers to get you started.
Would you Rather -
• Get drunk at an office party or get drunk by yourself?
• Get caught lying about your age or get caught lying about your gender?
• Get into a fight with your significant other about pickles or get into a fight with your significant other about cheating?
• Butter or whipped cream?
• Eat your own finger or your own toe?
• Skittles or Smarties?
• Be able to go back in time or be able to turn in visible?
• Fall down a flight of stairs or fall off a cliff?
• Live alone in a dark small hole for a year or be in jail for 20 years?
• Date Quagmire from Family Guy or Date Moe from the Simpsons?
• Date someone who ate ketchup on everything or date someone who can’t count to ten?
• Discover that the world is ending in 100 years or discover that you have only one week to live?
• Be reincarnated as a shark or a puppy?
• Hit a button to randomly kill 10,000 people or kill yourself?
With any luck you have discovered that this is a fun way to waste time. I urge you to keep playing with would you rather questions.